Silent video poems
This project is the result of the experimentation with video in an exercise to visual composition. The concept is the visualization of sound without sound: soundless video poems, that suggest a certain musicality (inner-sound) throughout the visual.
The visual composition of this soundless video poems was developed within the exploration of two main ideas: the first one and most recognizable, is the creation of what I call “bugs”, in which the human body is deformed in the video to create a new figure similar to an insect while keeping its own particular “human” behavior. The second one is an experimentation of the narrative of time that I named “simultaneous fragmentation”, in which a short extract of a movement is fragmented, repeated, inverted and manipulated in a way that a moment is the content of a past, present and future that coexist in the same image.
The video has a total duration of 9’48’’ minutes and consists on 14 poems and it’s available in 3 versions: for one screen (16:9), 2 separate screens (16:9 x2) and two merged screens (32:9).
Dancer: Yoh Morishita.
- 20 May 2017 – BodySoundSpace – Kapu, Linz
- 7 June 2017 – Plan B – Porgy & bess, Vienna
- 13 June 2017 – Sound & Vision – Bruckner Universität, Linz
- 5 Dec 2017 – Festival Leicht über Linz
- 15 May 2018 – Masterabschlusskonzert – Bruckner Universität, Linz
- 3 April 2019 – Periferien Festival – Oslo, Norway
If you are interested in watching the complete series of poems please feel free to contact me.